Thursday, March 15, 2018

CTMH Technique Blog Hop - Purposeful Patterns

WELCOME TO THE CTMH PURPOSEFUL PATTERNS TECHNIQUE BLOG HOP

For the March CTMH Technique Blog Hop, we will feature artwork inspired by one of our newest 
How-to Pattern Books, 
Make It From Your Heart,
Volume III (layouts) 
or Volume IV (cards). 
I'm excited to see the variety of paper crafting ideas that we will find on this hop.  

If you are coming from Debi McBain's blog, you are on the right track.  In case you get lost, you can get a complete list of participants at the bottom of Melissa's blog.  This month we have 11 Close to My Heart Consultants sharing their creations using patterns found in the Make It From Your Heart books, along with a variety of other great CTMH products.  To enjoy this hop is quite simple to do - just click on the link at the bottom of the post on each blog to move to the next one. Here we go!
It was tough to decide which pattern to use; 
I went with Vol. 4 pg. 30-31 Pattern 13.
I used the Scallop Border Thin Cut, Stargazer Paper Packet, cut the left strip showing the telescopes and moved the 2 x 3 1/2 dovetail piece a bit farther to the right to show the telescopes.  Fussy cut some pieces from Stargazer paper packet; rocket, astronaut, and planets.  I forgot that for our Die-namite special I had purchased the Stargazer Cardmaking Stamp + thin cuts.  
I could have saved the time I spent doing the fussy cutting!

Stargazer paper packet
Now, hop on over to Michelle Loncar's Blog to see what kind of fabulous art she's created.  Be sure to drop a comment, we enjoy the encouragement.  I hope you enjoy the hop!

7 comments:

  1. Out of this world! I love the gold you've added.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Fussy Cutting! I love the outta this world tag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, fussy cutting can be therapeutic, but thin cuts and stamps so much faster!

      Delete
  3. Such a fun card! Love the gold!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card. I need to do this for my grandson!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! Your card is super fun! Love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete